IRISH rockers The Script will be back on home turf for two intimate gigs in Dublin and Derry next month.
Danny O’Donoghue and the lads will play in The National Stadium, Dublin on August 21 and The Millennium Forum in Derry on August 22 as part of their world tour.
Tickets will go on general sale at 9.30am on Friday July 28.
Here’s the lowdown on what you should do to be in with the best chance of getting tickets.
How does pre-sale for The Script’s Dublin and Derry dates work?
Pre-sale for The Script’s Irish dates begins in three days time – on Wednesday July 26 and ends on Friday July 28 2017 at 8.30am.
Fans must pre-order the band’s album Freedom Child from their store to get early access to tickets for the shows.
How much are tickets?
Tickets for both shows, The National Stadium, Dublin and The Millennium Forum cost €54.15. There is a ticket limit of two per person, per transaction, per household, per credit card.
Bookings that exceed this amount of tickets will be cancelled.
And here’s everything you need to know as tickets go on general sale at 9.30am
1) Make sure to get yourself signed in on Ticketmaster. Don’t have an account? You best get that sorted straight away. Don’t leave it until the last minute and risk losing out on tickets.
2) Take note of your Ticketmaster account name and password so you’re not left scrambling on the morning of the sale. Also, make sure you know your password for Verified by Visa. You don’t want to get caught out by this either.
3) Your best option is to click quick when the ‘view tickets’ button pops up. Select the number of tickets you want and away you go.
4) Set the default ticket search to ‘best available’ so you don’t have to waste precious time deciding on seating or standing areas.
5) Make sure you get the annoying ‘captcha’ code on the first go. You have two minutes to fill it on, so make sure you get it right. Once you get this sorted
6) Ensure you get your computer set up and sorted in good time as tickets go on pre-sale at 9.30am on Wednesday July 26. And general sale starts at Friday July 28 at 9.30am. But to give yourself the best chance, you should have everything ready to go from at least 9.15am.
7) At this stage, you should have selected the option for either the Dublin or the Derry date, and be ready to wait until the ‘More info’ options changes to ‘view tickets’.
8) Make sure that you don’t mistake the concert ticket for a car parking ticket or a VIP package in your rush.
9) Do the whole transaction on one browser window. If you try to load multiple browsers, you might end up with an error message.
10) If possible, have as many devices on the go as you can to increase your chances of getting a ticket. Grab your tablet, mobile and laptop and log into Ticketmaster on all of them.
The Script haven’t released any material in three years, until they dropped their new single Rain on July 14.
Freedom Child, the band’s fifth studio album, will be released on September 1 2017.
The album was recorded between London and Los Angeles and the band worked with outside writers and producers for the first time to deliver a fresh new sound.