Bomgar makes remote support easier from any browser or mobile device
Bomgar, a leader in secure access solutions, released Bomgar Remote Support 16.2, the latest version of its enterprise-leading remote support software. Bomgar Remote Support enables IT service desks and customer support centers to access and fix nearly any remote device, running any platform, located anywhere in the world.
Technicians using Bomgar can quickly connect to, view, and control remote systems and devices, chat and collaborate with end-users or other technicians, all while improving remote access security.
Bomgar Remote Support 16.2 offers numerous options for support reps to provide timely and superior support to customers and users. Bomgar’s new Web Rep Console is the first to bring the core remote support features to HTML5 browsers. With no download or plugins required, support reps can provide support from any computer. The latest version also introduces enhancements to the Bomgar InSight mobile camera sharing feature. With new zoom, flashlight, and auto focus capabilities, InSight makes it even easier to support hardware and peripherals that are beyond the screen. Also included are a new Android Rep Console and Customer Mobile Apps that offer a fresh user interface for a better support experience.
In addition to enhancing the support experience, Bomgar Remote Support 16.2 provides unprecedented security and performance features, including:
- SAML for Mobile – Support reps can now use SAML credentials to login to Mobile Rep Console apps, creating a consistent login process.
- Mobile Password Manager for iOS – Bomgar’s iOS Rep Console now supports integrations with password managers without having to copy/paste from the password manager app to the rep console.
- Improved API Authentication – Removes the need to specify a user name/password with every API call and further controls the permissions associated with API accounts.
- Enhanced Presentation Attendee Client – Attendees can join a presentation without requiring a download using their web browser with no dependence on Flash.
- Enhanced Jump Client Maintenance – New settings allow administrators to configure whether or not to show uninstalled Jump Clients making the need to “jump” to remote systems/devices easier and cleaner.
Donald Hasson, director of ITSM product management said:
“In today’s always-on world, our customers are expected to provide immediate support even when they aren’t behind a desk or at their computer. At Bomgar, we’re dedicated to not only enabling the fastest, most reliable connections, but also giving support technicians the tools they need to do their jobs effectively and securely no matter where they are. Bomgar Remote Support 16.2 offers more options than ever before for support organizations to provide a superior support experience to their users.”
Bomgar has also released Bomgar Connect 16.2, which includes many of the new Remote support features such as Web Rep Console and the new Android Rep Console and customer apps. Bomgar Connect enables organizations with essential remote support needs to quickly connect to and support end users, customers and systems in any location. Offered via Bomgar’s secure Software as a Service (SaaS) platform, Bomgar Connect is extremely easy to buy, download, and use.