Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing ads bolsters Keyword Planner targeting and rolls out access to the UK, Canada & Australia
Jul 7, 2016 by Greg FinnKeyword Planner begins expansion outside of the US and gives users some new ways to discover keywords in the process.
- SMX Advanced recap: Lies, Damn Lies, and Search Marketing Statistics
Jul 7, 2016 by Mark TraphagenAre your marketing tests giving you valid results? Columnist Mark Traphagen summarizes insights from a presentation by Vistaprint’s Adria Kyne at SMX Advanced.
- SEO is as dirty as ever
Jul 7, 2016 by Patrick StoxSearch engine optimization has built credibility over the years, but spammers and black-hat practitioners still give it a bad name. Columnist Patrick Stox shares his SEO horror stories.
- Making your content perform beyond just SEO
Jul 7, 2016 by Janet Driscoll MillerContent that generates traffic is great; content that generates leads and sales is better. Columnist Janet Driscoll Miller offers tips for content performance, from creation to optimization to conversion.
- SMX Advanced recap: Advanced Google App Deep Linking
Jul 7, 2016 by Eric EngeHow do you get your app content into Google Search results, and what are the benefits of doing so? Contributor Eric Enge summarizes an SMX Advanced panel on deep linking and app indexing.
- Google honors Nettie Stevens, the geneticist who discovered XY chromosome
Jul 7, 2016 by Barry SchwartzNettie Stevens, American female geneticist, gets a Google Doodle on her 155th birthday.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Yahoo delivers stocks, news, weather & adoptable monkey bots to Facebook Messenger
- Leadpages buys SMB marketing automation platform Drip
- Can Google boost Android Wear with new Nexus-branded, AI-powered smartwatches?
- The 3 types of remarketing you should be trying
- Leverage your marketing data: 9 FAQs to get you started
- Inside Google Play’s branded YouTube show that spanned 23 channels
- ConvertMedia launches DIY tool for standalone video ads
- A CMO’s View: Stop Hunger Now CMO says social media levels the playing field for nonprofits
- 6 custom Google Analytics reports you should use for every CRO project
- MarTech Today: “First automated trend forecasting,” Google’s expanded Now on Tap & more
- Twitter uses Wimbledon to test live sports streams minus the sports
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google maps API changes, Yoast
- Street View extended coverage and problems: Bangladesh and Mongolia, Google Earth Blog
- Why Apple’s Transit Maps are rolling out so slowly, appleinsider.com
- Imitating search algorithms for a successful link building strategy, Search Engine Watch
- Exclusive: Google is building two Android Wear smartwatches with Google Assistant integration, androidpolice.com
- Google Separates First Result For Some Queries With Line Breaks, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Separating First Search Results for Well Known Entities, thesempost.com
- How an Error by Forbes Changed the Fortune 500 CEOs Reputations Overnight, fiveblocks.com
- How to Get Past the Dreaded SEO Plateau, MarketingProfs
- Three Ways PR and SEO Can Be Best Friends, ducttapemarketing.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Announcement of Yandex.Audience Custom Audience Targeting, Russian Search Marketing
- How To Choose Your Google Display Network Audiences, PPC Hero
- SEM PPC Optimization: How to Maximize the Revenue at a Targeted ROI, semrush.com