Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google opens home service ads to HVAC services and electricians
Apr 15, 2016 by Ginny MarvinThe local ad product is also now available in Sacramento, CA.
- Google local results get additional search filters on mobile
Apr 15, 2016 by Barry SchwartzGoogle shows additional search filters for the local pack based on the searcher’s location and history.
- 10 ways link building has changed over the last 10 years
Apr 15, 2016 by Jayson DeMersThough white-hat tactics have changed over the years, link building remains one of the most important elements of SEO. Columnist Jayson DeMers takes a look back at the evolution of link building.
- Search in Pics: Real-life keyword spam, alphorns at Google & more
Apr 15, 2016 by Barry SchwartzIn this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google NYC views: Source: Google+ Google Cambridge #EveryoneWelcome: Source: Google+ Alphorns at Google Switzerland: Source: Google+ […]
- 5 tips for leading a strong PPC team
Apr 15, 2016 by Jeff BaumLeading your paid search team to success requires more than just expert PPC knowledge. Columnist Jeff Baum discusses how to be a great SEM team leader.
- Report: Google is testing trending topics in auto-complete search results
Apr 15, 2016 by Barry SchwartzA new Google experiment was captured by Mashable’s Samantha Murphy Kelly showing Google showing trending searches in their auto-complete.
- Report: Apple building AdWords-like ad product for the App Store
Apr 14, 2016 by Greg SterlingAdWords for the App Store could be potentially very useful for developers and lucrative for Apple.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Liberty Mutual gets millions of views for parallel stories in a 360-degree video ad on Facebook
- HTTP to HTTPS: An SEO’s guide to securing a website
- How I use my marketing technology stack (SEO edition)
- How to adjust SEO strategy to Google’s new SERP ad layout
- 6 remarkably effective ways to get higher conversions on your mobile site
- How to ensure your campaign uses the best-available targeting data
- MarTech Today: The bots era, the TacoBot & HTTP to HTTPS
- Data: Cross-device campaigns 60 percent better than PC-only for offline conversions
- Is an RTB supply crisis looming? Ad buyers and sellers debate
- Report: News organizations don’t get much out of Twitter
- New Advrtas ad platform offers “first fully interactive 360-degree rich media ad” with VR mode
Search News From Around The Web:
- Read UC Davis’ contracts to repair online image, The Sacramento Bee
- Linking Internally and Externally from Your Site – Dangers, Opportunities, Risk and Reward – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- When Penguin Begins Rolling Out, Google Will Post An Announcement, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Brings Back the Old Weather Cards, Google Operating System
- Why Is Google Punishing Media for Old Content?, blog.searchmetrics.com
- Footer & Boilerplate Content Is Not Penalized But Not Seen As Primary Content Says Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Even If You’re Hit By One Algorithm, You Can Rank Higher Over Time With Other Algorithms, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Search Console API Gets Pagination, Linked From Crawl Errors & Clearer Quotas, Search Engine Roundtable
- Implementing Hreflang? Google Recommends Hreflang Sitemaps, thesempost.com
- Text to HTML Ratio: Not Something Google Looks At, thesempost.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 6 Keys to Great PPC Ad Copy, Portent
- Yet Another Update: Yandex Advertising News Q2 2016, Russian Search Marketing