WordPress Social Media Feather is a super lightweight free social media WordPress plugin that allows you to quickly and painlessly add social sharing and followingfeatures to all your posts, pages and custom post types.
The plugin supports adding of social buttons for sharing or following (that is, social buttons that link to your social network profiles pages). The social media buttons can be easily and automatically be added to all your posts, pages or any other custom post types.
Check out this introductory tutorial on how to install and get started with Social Media for WordPress by a helpful user of Social Media Feather!
Now the only social sharing and bookmarking plugin with full support for the Retina and high resolution displays as used in iPad 5 and other devices!
The primary goal behind the plugin is to provide very lightweight WordPress social sharing and following that doesn’t add any unnecessary burden to your site and especially on your users, so you can easily add share buttons and social profiles links to your posts and pages automatically and speedily.
What sets WordPress Social Media Feather aside from the plethora of other social sharing and following WordPress plugins is its focus on simplicity, performance and unobtrusive impact. Social share buttons and links to your social pages are fast to setup with automatic display or social widgets.
By keeping load times at a minimum, you ensure that all the social sharing aspects of your site don’t interfere with those visitors who just want to access the content but are not interested in sharing on social media platforms.
On the other hand, given the widespread focus on WordPress social media integration, your site will still provide social bookmarks and share buttons to improve visibility of your posts and content and improve your overall global reach on social platforms.
The WordPress social media sharing offered by the plugin includes all major social sharing buttons providers like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, reddit, Pinterest, tumblr, Linkedin and even e-mail.
It will show social buttons that your users can click to share to facebook or tweet your posts and pages on your site or submit it to reddit and google plus or publish it on tumblr and all other social sharing networks.
The WordPress social media following offered by the plugin includes all major social network providers and tools like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Linkedin, YouTube, tumblr, instagram, flickr, foursquare, vimeo or RSS.
Our social media plugin also offers widgets for sharing and following buttons that you can place in any widgetized area in your site and the widgets also expose some settings and parameters to tweak the appearance of the social buttons. The plugin also provides shortcodes that can be used for the same purpose, creating both share and follow buttons and allowing selection of visibility of different social media networks or reordering how the various social networks appear (see example shortcodes at the bottom).
You can disable automatic rendering of social icons for specific posts by using Custom Fields. Simply set a custom field of
synved_social_exclude_share to “yes” (without quotes) to disable rendering of sharing buttons on the post/page or
synved_social_exclude_follow to “yes” (without quotes) to remove following buttons from the post or alternatively
synved_social_exclude to disable both. The Custom Fields editor needs to be enabled on your post/page edit screen by clicking at the top right where it says “Screen Options”.
- Integrated WordPress social sharing for all your posts
- Full support for Retina and high resolution displays
- WordPress social sharing and following widgets
- Supports all major providers of social features
- Sharing with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, reddit, Pinterest, tumblr, Linkedin and e-mail
- Following on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Linkedin, YouTube, tumblr, instagram, flickr, foursquare, vimeo or RSS Feed
- Each social provider can be enabled or disabled
- Ability to select what services each provider will be exposed for
- Full customization for titles and URLs for each provider
- Super lightweight social sharing and following
- Fast unobtrusive social bookmarks for your site
- Comes with a default modern icon set
- For further customization more social icons skins are available
- Available skins can be customized with cool effects like fading and greying out social icons
- If you like them you can get social sharing counters that load dynamically, only when necessary, thus not weighing in on visitors who don’t use them
This shortcode will create a list of social sharing buttons to share content on your site:
This shortcode will create a list of social media sharing buttons to share content on your site, only showing Google+, Twitter and Facebook, in that specific order:
[feather_share show="google_plus, twitter, facebook" hide="reddit, pinterest, linkedin, tumblr, mail"]
You can change the order of displayed buttons by changing the order of keywords:
[feather_share show="twitter, google_plus, facebook" hide="reddit, pinterest, linkedin, tumblr, mail"]
This shortcode will create a list of social sharing buttons to share content on your site using the “Wheel” icons skin:
This shortcode will create a list of social media sharing buttons to share content on your site using the default icon skin with a size of 64 pixels:
You can add a custom CSS class to your share buttons using the “class” attribute:
You can combine all the parameters above to customize the look, for instance using the “Wheel” icon skin at a size of 64 pixels and only showing Google+, Twitter and Facebook, in that specific order:
[feather_share skin="wheel" size="64" show="google_plus, twitter, facebook" hide="reddit, pinterest, linkedin, tumblr, mail"]
The next shortcode will create a list of social following buttons that allow visitors to follow you:
The next shortcode will create a list of social following buttons that allow visitors to follow you, using the “Balloon” icons skin:
You can add a custom CSS class to your social profiles buttons using the “class” attribute:
The next shortcode will create a list of social media following buttons that allow visitors to follow you, using the “Balloon” icons skin with a size of 64 pixels:
[feather_follow skin="balloon" size="64"]
You can specify a manual URL to be used for the sharing buttons:
If you don’t want to use shortcodes but instead prefer to use PHP directly, there are 2 PHP functions/template tags you can use.
For sharing buttons you can use:
if (function_exists('synved_social_share_markup')) echo synved_social_share_markup();
For following buttons you can use:
if (function_exists('synved_social_follow_markup')) echo synved_social_follow_markup();
- WordPress Social Media Plugin Official Page
- Extra Social Icons Skins
- Grey Fade addon that can grey out and fade out any social icons set
- Light Prompt that adds counts for social shares
- Our own site where you can see social sharing and following in action
- Stripefolio theme demo where you can see some of the social sharing and following features in action
- The free Stripefolio WordPress portfolio theme the Official page for the theme in the above demo link