Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- HTTP to HTTPS: An SEO’s guide to securing a website
Apr 14, 2016 by Patrick StoxDespite the numerous benefits of switching to HTTPS, many SEOs and website owners have not done so. For those feeling intimidated by the prospect of switching to HTTPS, columnist Patrick Stox breaks down the process.
- How I use my marketing technology stack (SEO edition)
Apr 14, 2016 by Michael ShearerWhat does your SEO technology stack look like? Columnist Michael Shearer walks through the tools he uses from keyword research to content creation to link-building outreach.
- Google testing green “Ad” labels in UK
Apr 14, 2016 by Ginny MarvinMany users in the UK report seeing the green icons in UK SERPs.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Inside the making of Taco Bell’s artifically intelligent, drunk-tolerant TacoBot
- The week when digital marketing entered the Age of the Agent Layer
- A CMO’s View: How the Grammys & Intel teamed up to create Lady Gaga’s David Bowie tribute
- How checking your link profile can save your site
- Develop free, lightweight attribution insights for your paid & organic channels
- 2016 State of Link Building Survey coverage
- Proposed EU–US “Privacy Shield” data transfer agreement dead in current form
- Stop scattering chum: Use intent data to catch big fish with your marketing automation platform
- 7 modern ways to significantly boost blog traffic (that only rookies skip)
- MarTech Today: Google battles header bidding, the reborn Facebook Messenger & Hootsuite opens up
- Study: Facebook users are sharing posts more frequently but liking and commenting less
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google removes links on celebrity injunction couple, The Guardian
- How technology can help us become more sustainable, Official Google Blog
- How Bloggers Can Fix a Manual Penalty Caused by Compensated Content & Reviews, sugarrae.com
- Google: Do Not Replace Mobile / Responsive Sites With AMP, thesempost.com
- Using Rel Canonical / Alternate? Ensure it is Above Head Close Tag, thesempost.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Capital One Leads Credit Card Advertisers in Paid Search, AdGooroo
- Enhanced Tracking Capabilities with Bing UET Tag, Metric Theory
- Google AdWords Adds User Access Permissions Export Report, Search Engine Roundtable